Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lessons we've learned in marriage

In the last four months, we've learned a lot about each other and ourselves. I think that one of the most important lessons we've learned is that we really do like things that we thought we hated. Moose has been a really good sport about watching So You Think You Can Dance with Me (as long as we fast forward through Mary Murphy's commentary). He is actually a very good judge and can predict exactly what the judges will say and who will get kicked off and why!

I have learned what Ultimate Fighting is, and have actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The fighting is actually pretty entertaining once you get past the awkwardness of most of the holds that they put each other in. :-) Last night we went over to Moose's boss's house and watched the fight. They have a really nice house and it was fun to get to know them better - especially since I'm going to start teaching piano to 2 of their kids later this summer.

Have any of you learned similar lessons?

3 comments:

Fern said...

Tyler loves Project Runway almost as much as I do. The best is when we're watching it and he accidentally lets slip something like, "That guy really needs to edit himself more."
The longer we're married the more I like the Seahawks (Ty is pretty patient with all my questions). And I have to admit I was a little sad when I heard about the final decision for the Sonics.

melissa said...

Brady and I like to watch so you think you can dance too! I was pretty shocked that he doesn't mind it. Actually he usually lets me watch it and them I show him the really good dances on you tube, but he likes it. It is fun how once your married you start getting into your spouses interests or at least not hating them. :)

Stars&Straps said...

Katie! I saw your blog on Britt's page! How are you? I love your pages! I love that it shows your cutie personality! Yea! on your marriage (Oh, my gosh) and I'm so happy to see that you are happy! Love to your mama! xoxo, Krisha (Spohn)