Wednesday, December 17, 2008

WHAT????!!!???

That's right - it's snowing in Vegas - and not just a little bit! Every winter, people get all hyper and say that it's snowing when it's really just sleeting, so I didn't think anything of it when my students told me that it was snowing today. When I went out to my car, I believed them. It really snowed for a good 4 or 5 hours this afternoon and the weather guys say that it will keep going through the night. Seriously crazy. I had to document it. It was too cold for me to stay out very long, so you only get a few pics from right around my apartment.
This is our front door (the one on the bottom).

Our very snowy sidewalk

The pool :-) The lounge chairs are usually a little more inviting than they look here :-)
Who knew that palm trees don't hold up so well in the snow?

Proof that I was there, in the snow.

3 comments:

TheAlfonsos said...

Most important question - did you get a snow day at school?

Katie said...

YES!!! It was incredible! Who would have ever thought that there would be a snow day in Las Vegas?

Caleb and Jenni said...

Katie...its Jenni Seaman, one of Moose's friends from way back when :) I love your blog! Thanks for letting me check it out! You guys look so happy! hope you are both doing well!