Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting Crafty Again

Recently several of our friends have bought new homes, which has made us VERY jealous. Since we're not in a position to buy a place of our own right now, I've committed to try to make our apartment feel more like a grown-up house and less like a college dorm. My project today: window treatments. They're not all that fancy, but they were cheap! We got the fabric on sale and I built the cornice boards out of foam board from the dollar store. I'm pretty proud of my dirt-cheap creations.The other project may not actually be crafty, but it makes our living room feel more homey. We have this HUGE alcove in our living room. It's a great place for the TV, but poses some awkward decorating dilemas. Until now it has mostly been filled with random crap, but I finally got around to making it look more presentable - what do you think?

3 comments:

Fern said...

I love how that little bookcase fits in the bottom space perfectly. And I really like the bright green "grassy" plant. Looks Good!

Amy said...

Ah Kate! It's almost like you're nesting!! Ha ha ha ha ha!

Morgan said...

hey katie! i randomly found your blog from my feeder thing on my blog. i didn't recognize the address, and it was you! now that i think about it, i think my mom told me you were married and had a blog. also, really random, when i saw your apt with the cove for you tv, i said, i wonder if she lives in vegas, because my good friend that we stayed with a couple of times had that same thing, and the apt set up looks the same. i bet it's the same place. sorry, totally random, i know.

you look so great, and i am so glad things are going so well for you. ( i just looked over your blog). hope you don't mind if i check back every once in a while.

morgan