Monday, June 29, 2009

Latest projects...

Here are a few of the projects that I've been working on over the last few days....

I got the pattern for this skirt for $0.99!!!! It was normally 16.95, but all McCall's patterns were on sale for 99 cents - what a steal! I already had the green fabric and just had to get the brown for the trim, so this is my $2 skirt. I'll be honest - this is probably the most detailed pattern that I've ever followed - complicated pleats, a zipper, lined waistband, pockets, etc. but it was worth it - I'm so excited to wear it......now I just need a shirt to go with it :-)


I know - it feels like you've seen this quilt before. This is the second one, and for the most part, I like it better. I think that the blocks on the quilt are a little bit more randomly spaced and I love the silky pink binding. I got much better at my machine quilting, but unfortunately I didn't check my bobbin first and the bottom looks a little bit crazy. Overall it turned out fairly well, but I think I'll give this one to Project Linus and the first one to Courtney for her baby shower.


I even figured out how to miter the corners pretty well!


Here's what the quilting looks like on the front:


And here's what it looks like on an acceptable piece of the back:

So I've seen these cute baby wipes cases all over the internet and have been dying to make one. Alas, I have no use for a baby wipes case, but I made one that matches the quilt for Courtney and another one just for fun. I'm sure I'll find someone to give it to soon being that I have TONS of friends who are pregnant right now.



Next on the crafting agenda: Covers for our dutch ovens, basket liners for some decorative baskets in our laundry room, that cute apron from the last post, the list goes on and on!
Happy crafting!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Katie, I am sooo impressed. You have always been so creative. Can you pass those juices to me?? I wish we lived closer because I would LOVE to do these with you. I made my niece skirts out of bandannas for her birthday; they were cute, but you could tell my sewing skills were rudimentary. :)

Ashley said...

You are so crafty. Make me a skirt!

Alys said...

More great work. I love it all!

Amy said...

Yeah...I'm still scrapbooking and that's about the level of my creativity! Congrats on the awesome $2 skirt!